If you changed your mobile service provider or mobile device you will need to set up VXT Voicemail again, here's how.
This article is for users who have a mobile phone number with a traditional mobile service provider and forward their voicemail to the VXT app.
VXT uses conditional call forwarding to get your voicemail. When you miss a call, are out of service, or decline a call, the call gets forwarded to VXT. Your conditional call forwarding settings are managed by your mobile service provider.
If you want to learn more about how conditional call forwarding works, watch the video below.
What to do if you moved to a new mobile service provider or purchased a new mobile device
When you change mobile service provider, your conditional call forwarding settings will not come with you. That means instead of going to VXT, your voicemail will be going to your new provider.
To set up VXT again follow these steps:
- Open the VXT mobile app
- Click Settings
- Click Manage phone numbers
- Click your mobile phone number
- Click Forward voicemail to VXT
- Click Forward voicemail from this phone
- VXT will display the name of your old mobile service provider on this screen, don't worry, it doesn't matter.
- Follow the instructions on screen. VXT may ask you to call a conditional call forwarding code to forward your voicemail to VXT.
- Test leaving yourself a voicemail message to make sure it worked.
💡Some mobile service providers do not support conditional call forwarding at all, or they only support it on specific plans. If your new provider doesn't support conditional call forwarding for you, VXT will not work.
Changing your conditional call forwarding settings can fail for other reasons too. Using an iPhone on the Vodafone network is particularly unreliable. If that's you take a look at this article.