Voicemail to email is a feature that sends voicemail messages from your phone straight to your email inbox. Email forwarding with Vxt takes a copy of your voicemail - audio and transcription - and sends it to your email address where you can read it or download the audio file directly.
Email forwarding can be a really useful tool. For instance, if you're on leave it gives you the ability to forward work voicemail to a colleague who will be able to keep your clients up to date. Receiving your voicemail via email is also great for reducing your response times which can make a big difference to your customer service experience.
Using Email Forwarding With Vxt
Once you've got Vxt working, you can automatically forward your voicemails to email by following the instructions below.
1. From the 'Settings' screen inside of the Vxt app press 'Email forwarding'.
2. To start using voicemail to email, move the function to 'On' using the slider featured below.
3. From here, you just need to add your preferred email address using the 'Add an email address' button.
4. Type in your preferred email address and once confirmed select 'Save'.
5. Following these steps, your email should appear under the voicemail to email function as shown in the image below.
You have now successfully set up your voicemail to forward to your email address. Once you're all set up make sure to give it a test to be sure everything is working.
If you have any issues with email forwarding don't hesitate to get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, we're happy to help.